June 29, 2009
June 24, 2009
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- List the ingredients and method for mixing the Draught of Peace.
- Where would you find a bezoar and how could it be used ?
- What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane ?
- Describe the Veritaserum potion and its uses.
- How would you recognize the Amortentia potion ?
- Why is it people do not drink the Felix Felicis potion all the time ? And under what conditions is it banned ?
- Describe the uses of Polyjuice potion and how it is brewed.
- Name the ingredients required to brew the Draught of Living Death.
June 22, 2009
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the fourth book in the Harry Potter series written by J.K Rowling. Other books in the series are :
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Once again Harry Potter and his close friends are dropped into the thick of things. From the strange happenings at the World Quidditch Cup to the dangerous tasks of the Triwizard tournament, Harry Potter has all he can do to stay alive. What has the disappearance of witches and wizards as the tournament proceeds, to do the with the unknown person who ensured Harry's participation in the tournament ? Is this another plot to do away with Harry Potter ?
This book is a page turner. The characters of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore will seem like old friends and you will want to see how the story ends for all of them. Even the character of Snape who continues to make Harry's life a misery, presents a mystery as he saves Harry's life time and again.
- The Swedish Short-Snout is silvery blue with long, pointed horns.
- The Common Welsh Green is a smooth-scaled green.
- The Chinese Fireball are red with a fringe of fine gold spikes around its face.
- The Hungarian Horntail is a gigantic black.
- Other known breeds: Norwegian Ridgeback.
Hippogriffs. Hippogriffs have the bodies, hind legs and tails of horses, and the front legs, wings and heads of giant eagles with steel-coloured beeks and large, bright orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and deadly.
- Hippogriffs are proud, easily offended and polite. Never insult a hippogriff.
- Walk towards the hippogriff, bow and wait. If the hippogriff bows back, then approach. Else, get away quickly.
Flobberworms. Flobberworms flourish when left alone.
Blast-Ended Skrewts. Blast-Ended Skrewts are a newly created breed of creatures. Highly dangerous cross between manticores and fire crabs. Looks like shell-less lobsters, pale and slimy with a smell of rotting fish. Capable of exploding its end.
How to identify gender : males have stings, females have suckers.
Unicorns. The fully grown unicorns possess golden hooves and prefers the touch of women.
Growth or age indicators : foals are pure gold in colour, turn silver around age 2, grow horns on their heads around age 4, turn pure white once full growned around age 7.
June 20, 2009
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows
The Boy Who Lived. As chronicled in the first book, Harry Potter's troubles with the Dark Lord started when Harry Potter was barely a year old. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named attempted to kill the Potter family hiding in Godric's Hollow. Instead, the Killing Curse rebounded on the Dark Lord, owing to the protection left on Harry Potter by Lily Potter's sacrifice, destroying You-Know-Who's body and leaving the Dark Lord barely alive. Thus, the wizarding world was freed of the Dark Lord's reign of terror for 10 years.
The Man With Two Faces. At the age of 11, Harry Potter and his close friends, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger learnt of Voldemort's attempts to retrieve the Elixir of Life. They then proceeded to foil Voldemort and his servant, Quirrell's attempts to steal the Philosopher's Stone.
The Heir of Slytherin. A year on, Harry Potter kills the Basilisk freed by Salazar Slytherin's heir in the Chamber of Secrets and destroys Tom Marvolo Riddle's diary. Failing to open the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago, Lord Voldemort or Tom Marvolo Riddle, as he was known then, had preserved his 16-year old self in a diary. By destroying the diary, Harry Potter once again delayed the Dark Lord's return to power.
The Servant of Lord Voldemort. Uncovering the true story behind his parents' death 12 years ago, Harry Potter stroved to right an old injustice by saving the life of his godfather Sirius Black. Black had been wrongfully convicted for the murder of Peter Pettigrew and betraying the Potters to Voldemort. However, the real traitor Peter Pettigrew escaped once again and rejoined his master through Harry Potter's act of mercy.
Flesh, Blood and Bone. Tricked into participating in the Triwizard Tournament, Harry Potter is captured by Voldemort. Through the use of Dark Magic which requires the blood of a foe, Voldemort is resurrected.
Dumbledore's Army. The formation of a secret organisation of students at Hogwarts in order to learn and practice the Defense Against the Dark Arts. The practical knowledge gained by the students led by Harry Potter would prove to be useful during the second war against Voldemort.
The Second War Begins. After witnessing Voldemort's failed attempt to kill Harry Potter on the grounds of the Ministry of Magic, the magical community finally realizes the truth of Harry Potter's words and starts taking steps to capture and foil Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
Horcruxes. With the guidance of Dumbledore, Harry Potter uncovers the secret of Voldemort's immortality and the key to taking down the Dark Lord.
The Muggle-Born Registration Commission. Harry, Ron and Hermione steal the third Horcrux, Slytherin's Locket from the Ministry of Magic and help a group of muggle-born witches and wizards escape from persecution.
Gringotts. Harry Potter convinces the goblin Griphook to help them smuggle into Gringotts to steal the fourth Horcrux, Hufflepuff's Cup out of the Lestranges vault.
The Battle of Hogwarts. Harry solves the mystery of Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem and destroy the fifth Horcrux.
The Forest Again. Harry offers his life in exchange for his friends. Thus, giving them the same protection from Voldemort as his mother's sacrifice did for him.
The Flaw In the Plan. Harry turns the Dumbledore's mistake to his advantage and defeats Voldemort.