- The Swedish Short-Snout is silvery blue with long, pointed horns.
- The Common Welsh Green is a smooth-scaled green.
- The Chinese Fireball are red with a fringe of fine gold spikes around its face.
- The Hungarian Horntail is a gigantic black.
- Other known breeds: Norwegian Ridgeback.
Hippogriffs. Hippogriffs have the bodies, hind legs and tails of horses, and the front legs, wings and heads of giant eagles with steel-coloured beeks and large, bright orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and deadly.
- Hippogriffs are proud, easily offended and polite. Never insult a hippogriff.
- Walk towards the hippogriff, bow and wait. If the hippogriff bows back, then approach. Else, get away quickly.
Flobberworms. Flobberworms flourish when left alone.
Blast-Ended Skrewts. Blast-Ended Skrewts are a newly created breed of creatures. Highly dangerous cross between manticores and fire crabs. Looks like shell-less lobsters, pale and slimy with a smell of rotting fish. Capable of exploding its end.
How to identify gender : males have stings, females have suckers.
Unicorns. The fully grown unicorns possess golden hooves and prefers the touch of women.
Growth or age indicators : foals are pure gold in colour, turn silver around age 2, grow horns on their heads around age 4, turn pure white once full growned around age 7.