Title : Red Glove
Author : Holly Black
Reading Dates : 3 Sep - 6 Sep 2012
Total Pages : 325
|The Curse Workers|
|From Amazon : |
Book Review of Red Glove.Red Glove was better than White Cat. Its not often that a series does that for me.
Cassel and his family are as unpredictable as ever, but what I loved about Red Glove is figuring out what makes Cassel tick, courtesy of his grandfather. The dichotomy in Cassel is a result of both his natural inclination and the upbringing he had. And that’s why he makes such a fascinating read. Cassel can be extremely ruthless in achieving his goals but his goals are ultimately to protect himself and those close to himself. While I can’t actually root for him, I also can’t help wanting him to find a way out of whatever fix he and his family is in.
The other reason to enjoy Red Glove is how he figures out his brother’s murderer and gets himself out of the trap laid by his murdered brother, Phillip. Somehow, Cassel once again manages to twist things in his favour, at least temporarily. It will be interesting to see how he handles the changes in his role regarding the law. I just can’t imagine a law abiding Cassel.
I really wished I already had Black Heart already. I can’t wait to see how Cassel’s story ends.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Yes
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Definitely
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes
- Who would I recommend this too? Young adult fiction fans.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it. Definitely a keeper series.