June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (Jun 8)

teasertuesdays31Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from Trudi Canavan's The Magician's Guild. I chose it because it seems a good reflection of what the heroine does for most of the book, running or hiding from the magicians after her. 

The Magicians' Guild (The Black Magician Trilogy, Book 1)
Sonea put her eye back to the hole and felt her heart skip. The magician appeared to be staring right at her.

13 comments:

  1. Have you read the series? Is it YA or adult? I keep seeing the name of this one, and The Magician's Apprentance all over, and I'm wondering if I should start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, an eye that could be dislocated? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. This sound like my kind of book. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow scary teaser. Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing teaser. I've never read anything by Trudi Canavan, but heard good things about her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser! The author is new to me.
    Thanks for visiting my TT! have a wonderful day :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice teaser! i wonder why the magician was staring at her. did he feel a romantic connection? or was he maybe planning something bad for her? great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks interesting! Thanks for stopping by my TT! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mardel. While it is not specified, I believe it should be considered YA. At the start of the series, the heroine appears to be in her mid to late teens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting teaser...sounds like a good series

    ReplyDelete
  11. Egads...she lost her eye??? What a great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your teaser establishes some suspense - eavesdropping always ends badly :)

    thanks for stopping by my place

    ReplyDelete
  13. It'd make my heart skip too. :-D Good teaser!

    Sorry I wasn't able to come by earlier; thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...