July 22, 2010

Thursday 13 #2

Thursday 13

Choose a theme. Then list 13 things that fit that theme.
***
Here I've listed the 13 anime series I've seen and loved. I've only picked the ones I've finished watching though. My theme this week was inspired by Books at Midnight's post Anime Movies: My Top & My Thoughts.

Why I love them ?

Well, Ghost Hunt makes a great supernatural mystery story. Creepy enough to give a few shivers without totally frightening me. And each of the cases are difficult enough to keep me guessing.


Ghost Hunt: The Complete Series Box Set


Darker Than Black, GunxSword, Hellsing and Samurai 7, I just love for the action. Not only are the main protagonist(s) very good at kicking their enemies butt, they're also not the typical heroic type. Alucard from Hellsing for example is an evil vampire who greatly enjoys being what he is.


Darker Than Black: The Complete SeriesSamurai 7 - The Complete Series


Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood too has great action and comedy. But more than that, its great cast of characters and theme of sacrifice and growth can sometimes leave me in tears.

And the rest ? No matter their setting, I love them for the romance between the leads. All of which possess great chemistry. I never doubted from the moment they first appeared that they were meant for each other even when the main characters do not. Nodame Cantabile with its story of opposites (a slob and an over-achiever) had me in stitches. But that doesn't mean that they don't all have their touching moments.


Full Metal Panic! Season OneTsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Season 1 SetEscaflowne: Complete Collection

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe the only two I've seen are # The Vision of Escaflowne and Full Metal Alchemist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no experience with anime, but I know many people who enjoy it. Might have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch anime (never tried it) but my sister watch a lot :) I don't know if she's seen these, but I'll show her the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. These sound interesting. I'll look for them at my library. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep wanting to get my kids into anime, but some of it is so simplistic, I gag and turn it off. They, of course, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...