February 24, 2011

Reviews : Illusions by Janet Dailey

Title : Illusions
Author : Janet Dailey
Reading Dates : 25 Jan - 27 Jan 2011
Illusions
Aspen
Books in the series :
  • Aspen Gold
  • Illusions
From goodreads :
Delaney Westcott is a security guard for the rich and famous who falls for a handsome cowboy named Jaret. When it ends suddenly, she throws herself into her work, vowing never to fall in love so deeply again. That is, until she finds herself in Jared's hometown on a dangerous job. Is she strong enough to refuse him now?


Book Review of Illusions.
Illusions has always been a very strange read for me. I don’t love it nor do I like it exactly. But there’s just this one particular character that I love and is the reason I re-read the book occasionally.

The favourite character I mentioned is Riley Owens. And the reason I love his character is because of the loyalty and devotion he has for Delaney. I mean he’s been in love with her for years and he’s also the one she depends on, but Delaney never sees him as anything more than her best friend because he’s never said anything. And the reason he hasn’t said a word, it’s because he’s giving her time to heal from a broken heart. On the one hand, it seems rather foolish. And on the other, it’s very sweet.

Unfortunately apart from Riley, I can’t say I care very much for the story or the other characters. I might have mentioned this before but I don’t like characters who can’t seem to decide who they’re in love with and Delaney’s vacillating between the men in her life was rather irritating. And as for the story, well a first time reader would probably be surprised at the twist in the story. I certainly never expected that what appeared to be a minor back story could be an important part of the ending. Knowing the end however lessens the impact as most of the story simply deals with Delaney’s current job.

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Maybe, but not frequently.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series if there were one? No.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? No.
  • Who would I recommend this too? This is a bit difficult because it doesn't quite fit into the romance or suspense category.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...