Book Review of Area 7.Suffice to say that whatever I have to say about Area 7, I’ve already said in my review of Ice Station.
Area 7, like Ice Station, pales in comparison to Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves. As far as recycled plotlines are concerned, Area 7 does one worst than Ice Station. There’s even 1 scene that is nearly identical to that in Army of Thieves. I’m not sure to be amused or not, considering the fact that Army of Thieves came later in the Schane Schofield series.
As for the little boy Kevin, if he’s supposed to provide the cute factor, he fails woefully. He hardly appears in the book, and comes off as spooky when he does appear.
To sum up, this is the end of my adventures with the Scarecrow. I should have stopped while I was ahead.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? No.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? No.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? No.
- Who would I recommend this too? Not recommended.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Borrow it.