May 28, 2010

The Book Blogger Hop, Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 (May 28)

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Crazy-for-Books.
ABOUT THE HOP:
In the spirit of the Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING!!

Well, I'm off.  Leave me a note, if you're dropping by.



Book Beginnings is hosted at Page Turners.
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende :
This inscription could be seen on the glass door of a small shop, but naturally this was only the way it looked if you were inside the dimly lit shop, looking out at the street through the plateglass door.
Is there anyone who doesn't know or remember this story? Not a great beginning, unless you know where it leads.



The Friday 56 is hosted at Storytime with Tonya and Friends

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
  • Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
  • Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende :
That region, as Atreyu knew, was the home of bark trolls. These, as he had been told, were giants and giantesses, who themselves looked like gnarled tree trunks.

10 comments:

  1. Hello, I think that's a great first sentence! I really want to read the Neverending Story now!!!! I loved thatm ovie as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. A combo. I love those.
    :)

    Here is my BBF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like it as a first sentence!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-I found your blog via the hop and am now a follower and will look forward to reading your posts

    The Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Neverending Story is one of my favorite books of all time! I especially love reading it with the multi-color text. Agree, though, that the first sentence doesn't do a whole lot if you don't know where it's heading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog through the Hop. I love Fantasy as well so I'll be checking back to see what you are reviewing and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I remember about this book is a line from The Simpsons where the lawyer says, "This will be my biggest lawsuit since I sued the author of The Neverending Story for false advertising!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through the hop and am now following. :)

    Let's do the Hop!

    My Hop is here.

    xx,
    E.J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting me! I'm a new follower & I'm sure I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw you at the hop. Hope you will stop by to visit mine www.fangswandsandfairydust.com.

    I like the Friday 56 but as a Kindle-reader I have no page 56. And location 56 would probably be the TOC.

    Setting up to follow you -- as a new blogger too, my only brilliant advice is to lease your domain b4 someone else does! steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...