August 27, 2010

Being gainfully employed again ...

Since I was offered employment again earlier in the month, I've been keeping my fingers crossed waiting for the official offer letter. Well, I don't have that yet but I have just received the call informing me to start work on 1 Sept. Details to be forwarded to me later.

Anyway as I've only ever worked in the one company, starting work again in another one (even a sister company) is extremely intimidating. And it will be very difficult as well to adjust back to working fix hours rather than at my own time. Right now, I'm literally learning the meaning of having a cold sweat.

Aside from the fear factor though, being employed again means less time for reading and blogging as well. How much less remains to be seen. I have been told that I will be required to travel a lot for this job so I might also occasionally disappear. Hopefully after the initial dust settles, I'll be able to work out the best balance between work and leisure.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you. Hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know you will do fantastic and the travel might be good for reading (not so much blogging).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...