August 3, 2010

Read Your Own Books August



Mel's Books and Info has challenged us to read the books we have already for the month of August.

Since for the past year I've been trying to curb my book purchases, this works for me as well. So, for the month of August, here are the rules I MUST abide by :

1. Read only books that are already in my possession (whether purchased, borrowed, won or received for review prior to 1 Aug 2010).

2. No purchase of new books allowed.

You can participate by signing up HERE.

You can follow my progress below:
  1. Empress by Karen Miller
  2. Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  3. Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  4. One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  5. Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  6. Dead After Dark by Susan Squires, Dianna Love, Sherrilyn Kenyon and J. R. Ward
  7. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  8. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  9. Emma by Jane Austen
  10. This Magic Moment by Patricia Rice
  11. Much Ado About Magic by Patricia Rice
  12. Mister Monday by Garth Nix
  13. Grim Tuesday by Garth Nix
  14. Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix
  15. Sir Thursday by Garth Nix
  16. Lady Friday by Garth Nix
  17. Superior Saturday by Garth Nix
  18. Lord Sunday by Garth Nix

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you do well. It think it is going to be a challenging month for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do books-on-tape count? If so, then I can't commit since I'll be using audio books from the library to get me through a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kah, thank you for commenting on my blog. Your support is much appreciated. See ya!
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alice Audrey
    I think audio books should be permissible as long as they're not NEW ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha.. Not being able to buy books? Good Luck with that! Nearly impossible feat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kt. I committed to it with some trepidation. But I managed to do it for the first few months of this year ... before my willpower weakened. I should be able to keep it for 1 month, I think. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...