March 30, 2012

Review : Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan







Title : Winter's Heart
Author : Robert Jordan
Reading Dates : 5 Feb 2012 - 6 Feb 2012
Total Pages :678
The Wheel of Time

From goodreads :
The eagerly awaited sequel to The Path of Daggers, the New York Times #1 bestseller that swept the nation like a firestorm.

Rand, with Min, is on the run, and Cadsuane, in Carhien, is trying to figure out where he is headed.

Mazrim Taim, the leader of the Black Tower, is revealed to be a liar. Faile, with her companions, is a prisoner of Sevanna's Sept.

With Elyas Machera, Berelain, the Prophet, and an "army" of disparate forces, Perrin is moving through country rife with bandits and roving Seanchan.

In Ebou Dar, the Seanchan princess known as Daughter of the Nine Moons arrives. In Tar Valon, the schemers and counter-schemers in Elaida's White Tower are shaken to the core when the rebels appear suddenly outside the walls.


Book Review of Winter's Heart.

Winter’s Heart had me on tenterhooks for most of the book. Like Rand, I couldn’t help suspecting the motives of Cadsuane Sedai especially since for all intents and purposes, she was manipulating him to accept her advice.

At the same time, after a long absence, Mat is back in the picture again. His meeting with his fated wife is definitely one of the memorable scenes in the book. And even though I hardly know Tuon, I already feel that she’s the perfect one for him. Yet, Mat and Tuon’s union seems more impossible than any other in the world of the Wheel of Time. Reading how they manage it is definitely going to be interesting, especially since they are fighting on opposite sides of warring nations which seem to have absolutely nothing in common with each other.

The ending was another surprise. While Rand has managed to fulfill another of the Prophecies of the Dragon, he has also left himself in a vulnerable position. I’ll be reading Crossroads of Twilight next to find out the aftermath of his actions.


My conclusions :

  • Would I re-read the book ? Definitely.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
  • Who would I recommend this too? All fantasy readers.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it. The series is a keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...