Book Review of The Path of Daggers.The Path of Daggers has the slowest pacing of the entire Wheel of Time series so far. Worst, the entire story seemed to drag on that I almost gave up on finishing the book. I probably would have except it is book 8 in the series.
The story told here is not entirely without interest. Some significant turning points in the story are reached; most important being that Rand finds himself biting off more than he can chew. Yet, the telling of the tale seems lacking. Too much time is wasted in building up to these events. If I weren’t a fan of the series, I would have simply stopped reading altogether. It is only the wanting to know what happens next that kept me glued to the tale.
After the earlier books, The Path of Daggers was a let-down but not a book you could skip and keep abreast of the story.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Probably.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? All fantasy readers.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it. The series is a keeper.