Book Review of Lover Unleashed.I enjoyed Lover Unleashed more than I had expected, but then the story didn’t go as I expected it to.
This was supposed to be Payne and Manny’s story but instead it seemed more a continuation of Vishous and Jane’s tale, with Vishous’s twin sister’s tale being a mere catalyst for what happens. I never quite liked Lover Unbound before because I simply couldn’t feel the connection between Jane and V. Here, it finally makes sense. Although personally, I still think that Butch and V make a better couple.
Anyway, the reason I enjoyed Lover Unleashed is because it completes Vishous and Jane’s story. But it is strange to have the supposed main protagonists taking the back seat in the book. The parts which made up Payne’s story wouldn’t have even made up a quarter of the entire book.
On the other hand, I’d love to have more of Quinn, Blaylock and Zsadist. Catching up with my favourite characters and seeing Quinn and Blaylock’s relationship progress is something I’d have looked forward to. And even if it is unfair to Saxton and Layla, I can’t help wishing for the best friends to end up together.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes, but only because I want to know how things end for Quinn and Blaylock.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes, as part of the series.
- Who would I recommend this too? Only to fans of the series.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Borrow it.