November 18, 2011

Review : Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident

Title : Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident
Author : Eoin Colfer
Reading Dates : 9 Oct - 10 Oct 2011
Artemis Fowl
From Amazon :
Artemis Fowl receives an urgent e-mail from Russia. In it is a plea from a man who has been kidnapped by the Russian Mafiya: his father. As Artemis rushes to his rescue, he is stopped by a familiar nemesis, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. Now, instead of battling the fairies, Artemis must join forces with them if he wants to save one of the few people in the world he loves.


Book Review of Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident.

Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident is a fun addition to the Artemis Fowl series. In it, we glimpse a different side to Artemis plus the beginnings of his future cooperation with the faeries.

As I’ve mentioned in my review of Artemis Fowl, I love the series simply because of Artemis himself. Even when he develops a conscience as the series progresses, he simply can’t help continuing to scheme and I often find the story is at its best when Artemis is coming up with another of his devious plots. This is no different for The Arctic Incident. While Artemis doesn’t have much of an opportunity to shine in most of The Arctic Incident, the finale of the book more than makes up for it. This is one kid that both sides of the law need beware.

Also, The Arctic Incident is fun because the adults finally get to strut their stuff. Here we readers finally get to see why Butler and Captain Holly Short are considered the best at what they do. Artemis too gets a dose of humble pie as he realizes how much he’s actually relying on the people around him.

After this book, I definitely want to see more of this team of humans and faeries working together.

My conclusions :

  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Fantasy readers.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.

Books alluded to :


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...