Book Review of Artemis Fowl.Artemis Fowl is another book I’ve enjoyed since I first picked it up. This re-read was just as fun as ever.
What I’ve always liked about the series is the titular character himself. I’ve found Artemis to be at his most charming self when he’s plotting his nefarious schemes. It is simply fun to watch the precocious Artemis confound all the adults around him. Especially since the adults aren’t idiots either. Even knowing the storyline as I do, I still had plenty of laughs as Artemis plots his way towards his pot of gold.
Then, there’s Artemis’s relationship with Butler. Together, they make a formidable team. Artemis might be a genius but without someone as capable and loyal as Butler to execute his orders, none of his plans would have come to fruition.
And things get better from here onwards. The only worry I have is of Artemis Fowl turning good. *Laughs*
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Definitely. I've already re-read the book twice.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Already planned to.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? Fantasy readers. If you like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, you might try this out too.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.