Book Review of Artemis Fowl and The Time Paradox.Despite all the good vibes I had for the early Artemis Fowl books, I still approached The Time Paradox with a little bit of trepidation. After all, this was the Artemis Fowl book that I disliked and for a certain time discouraged me from picking up the next book in the series.
So, did I change my mind with this re-read ? Maybe, but just a little. The Time Paradoxstill ranks as the Artemis Fowl book I like the least. The reason is a simple one. In the first half, Artemis simply isn’t up to his usual standards. All of which may be intentional but annoying none the less. Artemis doesn’t seem so much to be using his strategic skills as simply blundering from one escapade to another.
Fortunately, Artemis does buck up at the end with a short display of his usual flair. In this case though, it comes a bit too late to make me like this one.
However the first few books makes me want to write this one off as a blip. And so, despite some misgivings, I still picked up Artemis Fowl and The Atlantis Complex.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Probably, but only as a part of the series.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes, just to complete my collection though.
- Who would I recommend this too? Fantasy readers.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? In some part, this depends on the next book. I'll reserve judgement until then.