Book Review of Artemis Fowl and The Opal Deception.The Opal Deception was another hit for me in the Artemis Fowl series.
Thus far, Opal Koboi is probably Artemis’s best adversary. Best as in, she really is smart enough to be Artemis’s foe and still leave me laughing with her over the top and ridiculous notions. Most of the laughs I had here was due to Opal’s unbelievable instructions to her underlings. Especially since the Brill brothers are not your run-of-the-mill brainless muscle men.
The other reason to rejoice here is of course Artemis’s decision at the end of the book. I really like the idea of Artemis saving the world in his own unique way.
And not only that. It seems nothing is too outrageous whenever he and Butler get together with Holly, Mulch and Foaly. I can’t wait to see what their team gets up to next. Whether official or not, these 5 already make up an extraordinary team of troubleshooters.
I’m definitely reading more of Artemis Fowl.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? Fantasy readers.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.