Book Review of Slightly Scandalous.I’ve read all but the last book in the series and this one remains my favourite in the series. Besides, Slightly Scandalous also has one of my favourite romance couples.
The main reason I love it though are the 2 main characters. They truly are perfect for each other. Both of them are very honest about their feelings for each other. Neither will let the other get away with anything whether in life or play. Joshua would never think to give in to Freyja because of his feelings for her or because she’s a lady. And Freyja would punish him if he tried. I also love how Joshua manages to see the fun in everything and how Freyja challenges her fears head on. It’s always a joy to follow them as get to know each other and fall in love.
The other is the theme of family and friendship. Whether it is the Bedwyns or the friends Joshua has made. It was really fun and moving how they stood up for each other without needing to be asked. It was the reason I picked up the other books in the series, even if the other books don’t quite live up to my expectations.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Definitely. I've already re-read it a few times.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? If I hadn't read it, I'd probably plan to.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? Historical romance readers.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it. This one is a keeper and it can be read as a standalone.