|Title : Fantasy in Death|
Author : J.D. Robb
Reading Dates : 13 Nov - 19 Nov 2011
|From Amazon : |
The game started with a murder. Now, it's Eve Dallas's move.
Book Review of Fantasy In Death.Fantasy In Death unfortunately falls short of my expectations. Not only in the mystery department but especially in terms of the story’s ability to pull the reader in.
One of In Death’s major plus points is how the cases brings home certain points, thus tugging at reader’s heartstrings. Here, however neither the victim nor the mystery seems to matter. And it wasn’t until the very end where I actually felt something for the characters in the tale. Probably because the human aspect of the story seems to have been drowned out by the science.
As for the mystery itself, I think it’s not difficult to guess where things are heading. Right from the start, I knew how the deed could have been accomplished and it just took a bit longer to identify the culprit and have it confirmed.
This definitely doesn’t meet the usual standards I have for the series.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Probably, but mostly because it makes up a part of the In Death series.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes, but again because I'm a fan of the series rather than the book itself.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? In Death fans.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it if you're looking to complete the series. Else, borrow it.