|Title : Conspiracy in Death|
Author : J.D. Robb
Reading Dates : 29 Oct - 30 Oct 2011
|From Amazon : |
Streetwise cop Eve Dallas and her trusty sidekick Peabody face a methodical killer in this latest addition to the In Death series by J.D. Robb, better known as the bestselling author Nora Roberts.
Book Review of Conspiracy In Death.Conspiracy in Death emphasizes how important are Eve’s symbols to her. This is one of the few times we see Eve really break and it was heart wrenching the first time I read it. This time round though, it was more intriguing because I couldn’t help wondering why she would break. No doubt her symbols are important but surely she realizes as a police officer the necessity of it. After all, she’s done the same to fellow officers in the name of duty. An interesting conundrum. The other intriguing part of this is how she deals with what happened and the steps she takes to keep in the loop. Eve seemed to constantly make things harder on herself by not listening to sound advice from friends and colleagues. Also, now that her job is at risk, she’s certainly more amenable to bending her rules.
The other reason I picked this up was because here’s another book where Eve’s clique of trusted aides and friends expand. It’s always fun to read again how and why each connected.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Yes, but not soon.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes, although not in order.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? Romantic suspense readers.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it.