|Title : Fantasy in Death|
Author : J.D. Robb
Reading Dates : 19 Nov - 1 Dec 2011
|From Amazon : |
NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas must discover who's preying on those who cater to the rich and famous in the new novel by #1 New York Times bestselling author J.D. Robb.
Book Review of Indulgence In Death.Indulgence In Death was another disappointment for me.
Mainly, this is because I felt the story lacked any emotional punch. Supposedly, Eve and her colleagues are outraged and disgusted by the selfishness of it all. And this leads to the show of solidarity and teamwork to close the case at the end. The only problem is those feelings seem to be merely surface ones and neither their words or actions quite translate to me, the reader. So, the entire story just felt flat and 2-dimensional.
This was too bad because I felt the storyline here had potential. This could have been another memorable case in the series but it simply is not. The only reason I’ll be picking this up again is because it makes up part of the series. Still, I would not have sensed the lack even if I’d skipped Indulgence in Death.
My conclusions :
- Would I re-read the book ? Maybe, but mostly because it makes up a part of the In Death series.
- Would I want to read the next book in the series ? Yes, but again because I'm a fan of the series rather than the book itself.
- Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Yes.
- Who would I recommend this too? In Death fans.
- For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Buy it if you're looking to complete the series. Else, borrow it.