January 20, 2011

Review : Dream Man by Linda Howard

Title : Dream Man
Author : Linda Howard
Reading Dates : 18 Dec - 19 Dec 2010
Dream Manr
From goodreads :
Detective Dane Hollister of the Orlando police department has never met anyone quite like Marlie Keen. While he has doubts about her supposed clairvoyant powers, she sees crimes as they're being committed, there is no doubt about how much he desires her. To Marlie, Dane is all heat and hard muscle, and he makes her body come alive as it never has before. But not even she can foresee that their passion will lead them on a dangerous journey into the twisted mind of a madman who will threaten their happiness and their lives.


Book Review of Dream Man.
Dream Man left me feeling rather bored. I’m not sure why but I’m guessing it’s due to the lack of suspense and an overdose of paranormal romances.

This is a re-read for me and because I already know the story, there weren’t any surprises. I remember enjoying the story the first time I read it, especially with that little twist at the end. However aside from that, there’s not much left to the imagination since the readers know well ahead who the killer is.

As for the 2 main protagonists, they are an interesting pair with neither of them not making a drama out of Dane’s using Marlee to solve his case. The problem I have with them as a couple is how they end up together. I can never quite puzzle out how the both of them can change from being antagonistic to being so sure that they were in love in a heartbeat.

So, for a time at least, I’ll be taking a break from paranormal romances.

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Maybe, but not for a long time.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series if there were one? No.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? No.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Readers of romance.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Borrow it.

Read another review on the book by :

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how our taste change? I have reread some books which I ended not liking as much too.

    BTW, I am so glad you enjoyed the Millenium Trilogy. I heard that the author's girlfriend is writing a 4th book ('coz she has the rest of the unfinished manuscripts)! So something to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BookQuoter
    Yes, it's always surprising and sometimes disappointing to know that I know longer love a particular book.

    As for the 4th Millennium, I'm always a little skeptical when someone else continues a story, even when there's an unfinished manuscript. There are times when I've been severely disappointed with a change in authors so I'll just keep my fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...