October 1, 2011

Review : Voice of the Gods


Title : Voice of the Gods
Author : Trudi Canavan
Reading Dates : 10 Aug - 13 Aug 2011
Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five Trilogy, Book 3)
The Age of the Five
  • Priestess of the White
  • Last of the Wilds
  • Voice of the Gods
From Amazon :
Unable to avoid being drawn into the terrible conflict, Auraya, now protector of the Siyee, fears she will be unable to meet the conditions of the all-powerful gods she once served. And an offer from a mysterious woman may be impossible for Auraya to refuse, but, if revealed, would brand her an enemy of the gods. Now, the immortal Wilds will not be deterred in their quest for powerful, long-buried secrets. But they have deadly adversaries who also seek the world-shattering truth . . . and it may appear in a form that no one anticipates.


Book Review of Voice of the Gods.

Despite the title of the book, the last book in The Age of Five trilogy is still firmly focused on The Wilds and Auraya.

Despite what we know about Auraya and even her final decision, I still can’t like her. She and her fellow White as well as The Voices are blind when it comes to their gods. This is even more apparent at the end of the tale where upon learning the truth about their gods, most of them still refuse to accept it.

The saving grace here are again the Immortals. I find them to be very interesting because even though they are extremely powerful sorcerers, they remain incorruptible if a bit eccentric. Most of them have chosen to pursue their own interests or hobbies and in their own way have helped humanity in the past. If it were not for the gods persecution, they might have done more. More importantly, none of them wish to be worshipped and are well aware of their very human flaws.

Aside from that, the tale doesn’t end with all questions resolved. There are still a few mysteries which has me speculating on the identity of 1 of the minor supporting characters and the aftermath of the ending. Not that I’m complaining; just that its nice to know that there are still possibilities for growth and change.

Overall, a good read to fill in the time.

My conclusions :
  • Would I re-read the book ? Yes.
  • Would I want to read the next book in the series if there were one? It would depend on which characters the story would focus on. I'd be interested to read more on the Wilds.
  • Would I want to own my personal copy if I didn’t already own it ? Not really. This isn't my favorite Trudi Canavan series but it is worth a re-read.
  • Who would I recommend this too? Fantasy readers.
  • For those looking to read the book, would I recommend buying or borrowing the book? Borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...