April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays : Edge Chronicles - The Rook Trilogy by Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted at Should Be Reading.
Teaser Tuesdays

Share 2 teaser sentences from your current read. Be careful not to include spoilers
***

The Rook Trilogy: Includes: The Last of the Sky Pirates, Vox & Freeglader (Edge Chronicles)


"Oh, nothing," said Magda. "Nothing at all. Except we're in the middle of a sky-pirate raid. And the shrykes are about to go crazy. Oh, and Rook's decided he wants a better view."
Edge Chronicles: The Last of the Sky Pirates (The Edge Chronicles)


Edge Chronicles: Vox (The Edge Chronicles)
"Yes, yes, " said Felix. "History never really was my strong point. It's all so sort of long ago, if you know what I mean. It's the here and now that I'm interested in, not the past."


"You and your barkscrolls!" snorted Felix, turning away. "If we lose this battle, father, there will be no barkscrolls, no Great Library! And the shrykes will make slaves of all those they don't slaughter!"
Edge Chronicles: Freeglader (The Edge Chronicles)

13 comments:

  1. Gosh - great teasers - makes me want to check out the series. I like that there is sky pirates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - great teasers. Sounds like something my son would really love, although I think he is too young... he loves pirates!

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these before, but they look like something I would enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit I sometimes read fantasy. These sound like fun.

    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are interesting, I haven't heard of this series.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good ones! I've never heard of this series, I'll have to watch for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers, sounds good.

    Come by and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the best teasers I've seen today :) (yet!)

    Anyway, how do you get those fantastic boxes around your quoted sentences? Would love to use those..

    My teaser is up at My teaser is from an urban fantasy novel, at e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers. (I have to agree with Felix on history ...)

    Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Deepali
    I used a table to create that effect. There are probably better ways to do this but if you're interested, let me know and I can send you a sample of the code I use :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, I love them all but the first is my favorite. Here's the link to mine.

    http://j-rabbits-corner.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo awesome teasers! I'll have to check this series out soon.


    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...